Trading Now

Trading Now

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Went SKYDIVING this morning

*this nut and several other assorted wings, decided to take the plunge. One in our party was a mere 82, another 67. They had a blast as I. I was scared waiting in the airplane for my brethren to depart from 13,500 feet up. I was second to last. As I got up closer to the door, I thought for sure I would throw up and change my mind, but as the plane made a turn and we stood there, I realized that any second now there will be no turning back. Is it worth it? JUMP...........Freefall to 6000 feet. The freefall was the most awesome part for me. Really flying like a bird. The roar of my heart was heard in my throat. Then, without warning, the chute was pulled and an eerie silence like nothing I have ever experienced. It was kind of like a car commercial for a Lexus when you drive through the construction site with all of the hammering and drilling, only to close the door to, nothingness, nothing but swoosh swoosh each time you made a turn to the left or the right. This is where I needed to keep my head up so as not to throw up all over the instructor strapped to me and kind enough to take the minions one after the other to the great world above, away from all the mindful chatter of the stock market and the world below, droning on as I fly fly fly to a safe and surprisingly soft landing.
If you've never done it but have thought about it, go. It is worth every expended minute of your time...The place was in Newburgh NY. Ranch Skydive.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    We have just added your latest post "Went SKYDIVING this morning" to our Directory of Sports. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


    Warm Regards

    Sportstrove.info Team

    http://www.sportstrove.info

    ReplyDelete

InofreeTV

Wikinvest Wire